Neck Lift in Turkey
Opr. Dr. Hasan Duygulu
Neck Lift is one of the most performed plastic surgical techniques in Turkey and as well as in the World.
Neck Lift can improve nasal breathing which is called a functional treatment and also can provide cosmetic benefits which is also called aesthetic treatment. Opr. Dr. Hasan Duygulu aims to provide their patients happiness and satisfaction with a team that is diligent to serve at the highest level at his private clinic.
Dr. Hasan Duygulu has successfully operated more than 2.600 Neck Lift surgeries for the last 12 years.
What is Neck Lift Surgery?
Neck lift surgery; is an operation performed to treat wrinkles and sagging on the neck and lower face. It can be done under general or local anesthesia. The basis of the operation is based on the stretching of the skin and subcutaneous muscle tissue. During the surgery, liposuction or procedures to remove sub-muscle fat tissue can be performed on this area.
Wrinkles and sagging on the face, which are seen in people with the advancement of age, also occur in the neck region. Face and neck problems can also occur at a young age. The reason for this is due to genetic factors and rapid weight gain and loss.
Neck lift surgery is applied to the patient due to reasons such as looseness of the skin in the neck area, sagging in the muscle structure due to gravity, jowl especially seen in women, and excess fat tissue in the neck area.
Who is a Candidate or Neck Lift Surgery?
The criteria for the appropriate patient profile for neck lift surgery can be listed as follows;
- Patients with sagging in the neck area due to genetic reasons,
- Those who experience skin deterioration due to environmental conditions, smoking, weight gain, age, and stress,
- In case of sagging of soft tissues under the skin,
- In cases where there is loss of elasticity and volume in the skin tissue,
- Neck lift surgery is performed in cases such as wrinkles in the neck area.
Preparation Before Neck Lift Surgery
The points to be considered before neck lift surgery can be listed as follows;
- It is necessary to stop taking blood thinners.
- If such drugs are taken before the operation, it is necessary to inform the doctor.
- Not only blood thinners but also cold medicines should not be used.
- Painkillers can be taken as needed.
- It is necessary to stop the consumption of tobacco and alcohol products.
- Eating and drinking should be stopped after midnight.
- Even if the operation time is late in the day, it is necessary not to eat or drink anything after 06:00 in the morning.
- If there are medications such as blood pressure and diabetes medication that must be used continuously, these medications can be taken with a small amount of water well before the operation. The doctor who will perform the surgery on time can be consulted
How is Neck Lift Surgery Performed?
How is Neck Lift Surgery Performed?
- Neck lift surgeries are performed by following the steps below;
- Neck lift surgery is performed under general anesthesia.
- It is carried out on average between 2 hours and 3 hours.
- In neck lift surgery, incisions starting from the front of the ear are opened, these incisions are extended from under the earlobe to the back of the ear. An incision is made from the hairy area to the bottom of the chin.
- Loose skin and muscle tissue in muscle tissue in the neck area are removed. This area is made tenser.
- The skin is made tauter and the neck is reshaped.
- Pipes called “tiny drains” are inserted to prevent blood accumulation after the surgery.
The following situations occur after neck lift surgery;
- After 4 hours to 6 hours after the operation, the patient can eat something and walk.
- The drains placed during the surgery are usually removed after 1 day to 2 days.
- The bandages made after the surgery stay for an estimated one week.
- Mild pain that can be managed with painkillers after surgery is considered normal.
- Swelling and bruises continue for 1 week, gradually decreasing and disappearing.
- Post-operative scars are hidden in front and behind the ear, so it does not cause aesthetic problems.
- After 6 months to 1 year, these scars become invisible at all.